Jeanne Benedict - Be a Star at Your Oscar Party
1. Arrange your viewing area for guests’ maximum comfort and enjoyment of food and drink.
2. Provide seating opportunities on all levels from floor pillows to stools behind the couches.
3. Serve food in stemware. Not only is stemware, such as Martini or wine glasses, a great space-saver on the coffee table, most people have matching sets to give your party an upscale cohesive look. You can also rent stemware!
4. Instead of a large centerpiece, go for the gold and silver! Grab whatever is gold, silver, or metallic in your home for small tabletop accent.
5. Offer small food bar where people can make their own snacks. Include items such as nuts, chocolate chips, even a selection of seasoned salts or sugar, and serve alongside a large bowl of popcorn and individual containers for guests to fill.
6. Download official ballots from Oscars.org so guests can select their winning pick. Have guests fill out the ballots before the show starts and then tally up the results at the end of the show. Offer a prize of a movie gift certificate to the person who guessed the most winners.
7. Make an activity out of the red carpet. Have guests rate the starlets’ gowns for fun either by holding up a thumbs up or down paddle. For guests to express themselves a kazoo honk is a fashion fail and a whistle blow is a favorable response.
8. Don’t forget a “step and repeat” or a photo backdrop near the front door so guests can take pictures to post on Facebook of your fabulous party.
9. For added fun, check out the app at Oscars.org which promises a mobile backstage pass to the star-studded event of the year!
Get more from Jeanne at www.JeanneBenedict.com
Return to episode guide >>