From Frumpy to Fabulous with Marisa Lynch
Want to make your own pair of gloves like the one I did on Marie's show? Here are the easy DIY steps to recreate!
-a pair of knit gloves (the one size fits all kind are perfect)
-4 matching buttons (look for flat faced ones with back holes)
-2 pieces of chain about two inches long each
-4 jump rings
-a pair of jewelry pliers or regulars pliers
-needle and thread, in the same shade as your gloves.
(These are all things you can grab at your craft store.)
1. With each piece of chain, I attached a jump ring to all four ends.
2. Next, I attached a button to each of the jump ring and then used my pliers to close the space that was made to connect everything together.
3. With the buttons and chain connected, I began my hand sewing! I took matching ivory thread, tied a knot at the end and pushed my needle through from the underside, through the loop in the button.
4. I did this a few times to make sure my button was secure and then tied a knot at the end to hold in place.
5. Repeat this step for the rest of the buttons.
In just a few easy steps, you’ve got a brand new pair of gloves!
And, for more information on Marisa's other DIY accessories, go to her website, newdressaday.com.
Return to episode guide >>