Kelly Edwards' Double Duty Household Products - Part II
To Get Water Stains out of a Wood Table
1) Take an old t-shirt and set it on top of the water stain
2) Take an iron on its lowest settings (with no steam) and move it around the stain very slowly, but be careful not to burn the shirt
3) Check the stain frequently
4) In about seven minutes, your stain should be gone! The oil in the wood will rise to the surface and fill in the stain.
To clean a casserole dish quickly:
1) Take two dryer sheets and rest them inside the casserole dish
2) Pour hot water into the dish
3) Let the water sit for two hours, and the dish will be easy to clean
Uses for rubber gloves beyond just cleaning:
1) Opening up hard-to-open jars.
2) Cleaning pet hair from your pillows and sofa while wearing the gloves.
During travel, hang on to shower caps from a hotel and use (and reuse) them to cover your shoes when you pack.
To keep your brown sugar from getting hard, put marshmallows in with the sugar!
To organize craft supplies, use a pants hanger and place all your ribbons on the rungs.
To make your home smell great without burning a scented candle, pour a few capfuls of vanilla extract into an oven safe mug for twenty minutes. Your house will smell like cookies!
Get more from Kelly at kellyedwardsinc.com
Return to episode guide >>