Hair Color Made Easy with Kim Vo
Brighten Blonde Hair
1 raw potato
1/2 cup chamomile tea room temperature
1. Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
2. Grate the potato and blend with the lemon to form a paste.
3. Add the tea and stir.
4. Shampoo, then spread the mask throughout hair, massaging lightly.
5. Cover your head with a PVC-free shower cap or plastic wrap, and then lightly heat with a hair dryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Rinse, then style as usual.
How it works: Chamomile and lemon act as whitening agents, and the acidic lemon juice allows potato enzymes - which help brighten blonde hair - to break through the tough, keratinized outer layer of the hair.
Richer Brown Hair
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1-teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
1. Whisk ingredients into a paste.
2. Shampoo hair, squeeze out the water, and apply the mask. Keep it on for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Drape a towel around your neck to prevent the mask from dripping, as it may stain skin temporarily. Rinse, then style as usual.
How it works: Honey moisturizes while acids in the yogurt and vinegar penetrate the hair shaft, allowing the cocoa's pigment to sink in. This makes the hair color more pronounced.
Vibrant Red Head
3 medium carrots
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons yogurt
1/2 cup cranberries, blender
1. Finely chop raw carrots in a food processor or blender.
2. Add cranberries and make a coarse paste.
3. Add yogurt and honey, and then mix well.
4. Shampoo, then spread the mask throughout hair, massaging lightly. Keep it on for 1 to 2 minutes and rinse.
5. Style as usual.
How it works: The yogurt's lactic acid helps the coloring antioxidants in the berries and carrots get past the surface of your locks - so they really seep in. Honey hydrates the hair.
Remove Yellow from Gray Hair
1 tablespoon apple vinegar
1 gallon water
1. Mix 1-tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 gallon of water.
2. Pour the mixture on your hair.
3. Make sure you rinse thoroughly to remove all of the vinegar.
4. After the vinegar rinse, you may condition your hair as usual with a conditioner that has Blue or Purple tones.
How it Works: Vinegar is a great way to get rid of pollutants in the hair. Vinegar strips residue, such as iron from hard water from your hair, removing the yellow.
Learn more about Kim Vo by visiting: www.kimvo.com.
Return to episode guide >>