Gadgets for a Good Night's Sleep
1. Offers sleep coaching and a 7 day sleep assessment. It tells you what your sleep quality is and how many times you wake up through the night.
2. Allows you to set sleep targets. For instance, if you want to be asleep at 11:45 it reminds you to get in bed at 11:15.
3. Provides sleep tracking- identifies factors that keep you up like caffeine, and has a sleep journal you can share with medical professionals.
4. Silent alarm clock wakes you up with vibration through a night band you wear. This won’t wake your partner.
RISE & SHINE SERENITY SLEEP SYSTEM
1. This device replicates the rising sun so users can wake calmly, rather than being jolted awake by alarms.
2. This device also replicated the setting sun so that users can fall asleep peacefully and soundly.
SLEEP CYCLE APP
1. If you have the leisure to wake up during a large window of time, (about 30 minutes) and don’t want to spend as much money you can download the sleep cycle app for .99 cents.
2. This app analyzes your sleep patterns by using the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movements and then rouses you when you are in a lighter state of sleep.
1. Created by 2 women who were USC Basketball coaches.
2. These sheets are great for women with hot flashes. The human body experiences a slight drop in body temperature right before falling asleep. Traditional sheets trap heat. These sheets breathe 50% better than cotton. They also transfer body heat 2X better than traditional bedding for deeper, more restorative sleep.
3. Sleeping better and longer has been shown to lead to improvements in important areas such as heart rate, mood, weight loss, energy levels and athletic performance.
1. Closet thing an at home sleep clinic.
2. Headband measures electrical signals in the brain
3. Three sleep modes- light, deep and REM.
4. Gives you an online dashboard - sleep history snapshot, sleep diary to find
5. Correlations between lifestyle (e.g. diet, work schedule) and sleep quality, in-depth sleep graphs, alarm clock that wakes you at an optimal time in the sleep cycle and a host of other features.
ECOTONES DUET ADAPTIVE SOUND THERAPY
1. Sound + Sleep therapy system with adaptive technology build into it.
2. The adaptive sound technology actually counteracts noise fluctuations in your environment by automatically, yet subtly, increasing its own volume. For instance, if an ambulance drives by the machine increases its sound to drown out the ambulances noise.
1. Dubbed “pajamas for your ears,” these flat earphones are housed inside a fleece band so that you can comfortably fall asleep listening to the sounds of your choice.
2. Can be easily washed as the speakers are removable.
NIGHTWAVE SLEEP ASSITANT
1. This sleep assistant helps you fall asleep naturally, utilizing soft and soothing light to reduce stress and calm an overactive mind for healthful rest.
2. Presleep relaxation routine helps prepare your mind and body for rest.
3. Silent, noninvasive operation allows you to remain comfortable during use.
4. Soft, soothing light eases stress to help you relax.
SOUND OASIS SLEEP THERAPY PILLOW
1. There are two high fidelity, ultra-thin stereo speakers positioned deep within this pillow, so you can surround your head with sound for enhanced therapy or privacy.
2. Includes in-line volume control.
3. Hypoallergenic and can be hand or machine-washed easily by removing the speakers.
Return to episode guide >>