Family Fix It With Eric Stromer
Repair a Drywall Hole:
Sheet metal drywall patch with adhesive
Drywall compound/spackling paste
Paint and paintbrush/roller
Apply adhesive side of sheet metal patch to cover hole in drywall.
Use putty knife to spread spackling compound over sheet metal patch.
Sand down the dried compound until smooth.
Paint the smoothed area with paint and let dry.
Pegboard Organizing System
Pegboard from any hardware store
Pegboard accessories and hooks
Assorted materials to customize board
1. Drill holes into drywall and insert drywall anchors.
2. Customize your pegboard to your liking and hang pegboard on drywall anchors.
3. Use pegboard accessories for desired amount of storage.
Rain Gutter Planters
Plastic, flat bottom rain gutter
Gutter end caps
1. Buy rain gutter and end caps at any hardware store. They come in 16ft length, but can be cut down in most stores.
2. Once you have the desired size gutter, place end caps on each side of the gutter.
4. Drill a hole in the back of the gutter to allow water drainage.
5. Fill your gutter, almost to the top, with potting soil.
6. Take your desired plants and transplant them from their pot into the soil.
7. If desired, you can label each plant so you know which plant is which
Return to episode guide >>