Today on Marie
From "The Biggest Loser," fitness expert Jillian Michaels is on Marie today to talk about her new book and her new family. Since the country first met Jillian and her no-nonsense, tough-love approach to weight loss, she's written four New York Times Bestsellers, added a new baby to her family and created a fitness app. Today Jillian talks about the motivation behind her new book "Slim for Life." And later, Jillian separates fact from fiction and dispels some popular weight loss myths!
• Lifting weights will make you bulky - FICTION!
• You don’t have to sweat in order to lose weight - FACT!
• Genetics have nothing to do with weight-loss - FACT!
• Doing only cardio makes you lose weight faster FICTION!
• Toxins are removed through your sweat - FICTION!
Get more from Jillian, including details on her new book "Slim for Life," at www.jillianmichaels.com
Get Jillian's iPhone app now >>
WATCH Jillian Michaels talk about parenting and the motivation behind her new book "Slim for Life">>
Gadgets for a Good Night's Sleep
The National Sleep Foundation reports that about 20% of Americans average less than 6 hours of sleep per night. Today, USA Today's tech editor, Jennifer Jolly, shares some of the latest gadgets to help you get a full night sleep. From high-tech alarm clocks to performance sheets, Jennifer has the products you need to get a great night's sleep.
Get all of Jennifer's Good Night Sleep Gadgets here>>
Learn more from Jennifer at her site, jenniferjolly.com.
Founder of Angie's List, Angie Hicks
Angie's List founder Angie Hicks turned her search for a quality contractors into one of the most trusted consumer websites on the web. Today Angie shares with Marie how she became a female web mogul at the start of the tech boom. Plus, Angie shares her tips for for finding services from a contractors to mechanics.
Before hiring a contractor:
1. Get at least three written estimates
2. Check references, online reviews, friends and family
3. Verify trade license, bonding and insurance status
4. Read and understand the contract before signing
1. Start and completion dates
2. Specify hours of the day and access to contractors
3. Specify materials
4. Tie payment to progress of job
5. Termination clause
Check out Angie's List online!>>
Lisa Matassa is a wife and mother from Long Island who decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a country music singer. Her journey led her to Nashville where she is now opening up for country music stars like LeAnn Rimes, Dierks Bentley and Eric Church. Now, she's joining Marie to to chat about her inspiring career and sing her new single, "Somebody's Baby."
WATCH Lisa perform "Somebody's Baby">>
Visit Lisa online at her site, http://www.lisamatassa.com/.