"White Collar" Star Tim DeKay's Ratatouille
• 1 Eggplant, ½ inch dice
• 1 orange bell pepper, ½ inch dice
• 2 yellow crookneck squash, ½ inch dice
• 2 zucchini Squash, small dice
• 1 yellow onion, ½ inch dice
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tomatoes on the vine, ¼ inch dice
• salt and pepper to taste
• Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to taste
• 2 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme
• 1 Bunch of Basil, leaves picked
• 1 6oz piece of goat cheese
• 12 crepes
• 1 cup of tomato sauce, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Toss the eggplant in a colander over a bowl and season liberally with salt, allow to drain for 30 minutes.
Heat 2 tbsp. Olive oil in a pan.
Gently pat eggplant with paper towels and sauté eggplant until golden brown.
Add squash to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in bell peppers, sautéing for a minute longer.
Add in onion, garlic, and thyme and let mixture cook for a few minutes until vegetables are tender.
Add in tomatoes and cook until texture is jammy and thickens…about 10-15 minutes.
Separate the basil leaves, leaving the smaller ones whole and slice the larger ones thinly.
Filling the Crepes:
Place a crepe on a flat surface and fill one side with a spoonful of ratatouille.
Sprinkle with goat cheese and basil and fold into quarters.
Place in a greased baking dish, overlapping some of them as you go.
Ladle a bit of plain tomato sauce on the top.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden and warmed through.
Serve hot with fresh basil over the top.
Return to episode guide >>