Taste Of Home Tailgate Party
From Steve Bath in Lincoln, NE
1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
1 Tsp. Sugar
1 Tsp. Each: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika and Ground Mustard
1 3 ½ to 4lbs Chicken
1 Can Bud Light
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. Salt, 1 Tsp. each: Sugar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika and Ground Mustard.
2. Rub mixture over and under the skin of the chicken, tuck wings under chicken. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Cover all sides of an 8-9in baking pan with foil. Place a beer can chicken rack in the pan and open the can of Bud Light. Pour out half the can of beer and punch additional holes in the top of the can.
4. Place chicken vertically onto rack and place pan on grill rack. Grill covered over indirect heat for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours until a thermometer inserted reads 180F
5. Remove from grill and tent chicken with foil and let stand for 10min. Carefully remove chicken from rack and enjoy!
Spicey Tomato Juice
From Kathleen Gill in Bute, MT
13 Lbs. Ripe Tomatoes (about 40 medium)
2 Celery Ribs, Coarsely Chopped
3 Medium Green Peppers, Coarsely Chopped
1 ½ Cups Chopped Fresh Parsley
½ Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
4 Tsp. Salt
¼ Tsp. Hot Pepper Sauce
¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
¼ Tsp. Pepper
1. Quarter tomatoes; place in a 6-qt. kettle. Add the celery, onions, green pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 45min stirring occasionally.
2. Cool slightly; put through a sieve or food mill. Return to kettle. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat and cool.
3. Pour into freezer containers, leaving ½-in headspace. Freeze for up to 12 months.
4. We added Bud Light to our Spicy Tomato Juice to make it into a cocktail!
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
From Peter Halferty Corpus Christi, TX
12 Bacon Strips
8 Cheese Beef Hot Dogs
8 Bakery Hot Dog Buns, Split and Toasted
¼ Chopped Red Onion
2 Cups Sauerkraut, Rinsed and Well Drained
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cool slightly. Wrap 1 ½ strips of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks.
2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dog is heated through, turning frequently. Discard toothpicks and serve with your favorite condiments.
Snack Mix Squares
From Lisa Byler Millersburg, IN
2 ½ Cups Halved Pretzel Sticks
2 Cups Corn Chex
1 ½ Cups M&M’s
½ Cup Butter
⅓ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
5 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
1. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, cereal and M&M’s. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and peanut butter, add marshmallows; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
2. Pour over pretzel mixture; stir to coat. Press into a greased 13 in. X 9 in. pan. Cool until firm and cut into squares.
For more recipes from "Taste of Home" and to subscribe to the publication, go to www.tasteofhome.com.
And, make sure you follow us on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel/
Return to episode guide >>
+ more showtimes