Sophie Uliano Kale Recipes
Apple And Kale Spice Muffins
• 1-½ C white whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp. each baking soda and baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ¼ tsp. nutmeg ⅛ teaspoon grated vanilla bean (or use ½ teaspoon vanilla extract)
• ⅓ C honey
• 1 egg
• ½ C sour plain yogurt
• ⅓ C coconut oil
• ½ tsp. vanilla (see above)
• 1-½ C grated apples
• 1 C finely chopped kale (stems removed and leaves chopped finely in food processor)
• 1 cup walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 400.
In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
In another bowl, mix honey, egg, yogurt, oil, vanilla, apples, kale, and nuts.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Fill 12 typical size greased muffin cups ⅔ full.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Gorgeously Green Kale Smoothie
• 1 handful of Kale
• 1 handful of baby spinach
• 1 Avocado
• 1 kiwi fruit chopped
• ½ frozen banana (I always keep banana slices frozen in the fridge)
• ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
• 8 – ounces coconut water
Blend in a Nutribullet or Vitamix
Gorgeously Green Roasted Beet And Kale Salad
• 1 large bunch of Dinasaur Kale
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
• 3 small roasted yellow beets*, chopped
• 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
• 1 cup of toasted pecan nuts
I place my beets in foil and let them slow roast at 375 for about an hour. When cool, I peel them
Lemon Tahini Dressing
• ¼ cup tahini
• 1-2 garlic cloves
• ½ cup fresh lemon juice
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
And make sure you check Sophie out at www.SophieUliano.com. Follow Sophie Uliano on Twitter @SophieUliano, find her on Facebook Page GorgeouslyGreen, and check her out on Pinterest: GorgeouslyGreen.
Wash the Dino Kale
Remove the stalks and chiffonade (cut into thin ribbons).
Place in a bowl and massage with the olive oil and salt.
Leave for at least an hour (you can leave for a few hours – even overnight).
Transfer Kale to a pretty bowl and add the dressing.
Massage it into the salad with your hands.
Top with other ingredients and serve.
Return to episode guide >>