Chef Roy Yamaguchi's Misoyaki Classic Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
4 eggs, plus 4 egg yolks
12 tbsp. butter
8 oz. semisweet dark chocolate (make sure to use a good quality variety)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and yolks together. In a saucepan, bring butter to a simmer, then add the chocolate. Mix until the chocolate is smooth and begins to simmer along the edges. Combine this chocolate mixture with the sugar and cornstarch and mix thoroughly. Add eggs and mix at low speed until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate overnight in a bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 375º F. Line 4 metal soufflé rings with parchment paper and coat with non-stick spray. On a baking sheet, place each ring on a square of parchment paper. Fill ⅔ of each ring with the filling. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet. While holding each mold with tongs, slide a metal spatula underneath and transfer to a plate. Gently lift the mold off, remove the paper, and serve with ice cream.
1 pound of frozen raspberries
¼ cup sugar
1. Place raspberries and sugar in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
2. Puree mixture using a blender then strain to remove all the seeds.
3. Place strained mixture back on stove and bring back to boil.
4. Chill for use.
To find the Roy's nearest you, go to www.roysrestaurant.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.
Return to episode guide >>