Erik Valdez's Ricotta and Strawberries & Cristina's Lemon Thyme Shortbread
Recipe Adapted From Jen's Favorite Cookies
Ingredients for Ricotta and Strawberries:
• 8oz of whole milk ricotta
• 1 pint of strawberries, washed stemmed and halved
• 6 cracks of pink peppercorn
• Chiffonade of 3 fresh basil leaves
• 2 teaspoons of local honey
Scoop ricotta into the center of a round serving platter.
Arrange strawberries around ricotta.
Top with basil, pink peppercorn, and drizzled honey.
Lemon Thyme Shortbread Ingredients:
• ¾ cup butter
• ½ cup powdered sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, (leaves removed from stems)
• 1½ cups flour
Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add salt, zest, lemon juice, and thyme. Mix well.
Add flour and mix well.
Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 1-2 hours, until firm.
Roll dough on a floured surface to ¼-inch thickness.
Use cookie cutters or a knife to cut shapes approximately 2 inches in width.
Place shapes on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
Let cool before eating.
Make sure you watch Erik on "Graceland," Wednesdays on USA 10/9c.
And be sure to follow Erik on twitter @erikvaldez.
Return to episode guide >>