Korean Style Hillshire Farms Dogs
with Kim Chee Slaw and Alexia Cilantro Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
• 1 ½ Cups Napa Cabbage, finely sliced
• 2 tablespoons red onion, finely sliced
• ½ cup kim chee, finely sliced
• 1 teaspoon kim chee juice
• ¼ teaspoon McCormick Garlic and Sea Salt
• 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
• 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon Crisco canola oil
• 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
• 1 pack Hillshire Farms Gourmet Creations Beef & Jalapeno with Monterey Jack Cheese
• 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
• 1 small ripe Haas avocado, cut into quarters, peeled and sliced thin
• 5 each hot dog buns
For Sweet Potato Fries:
• 1 package Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt
• 1 pinch McCormick Cayenne Pepper, more or less to taste based on preference
• ¼ teaspoon McCormick Granulated Garlic
• 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves rough chopped
• Lime Wedges
• Sliced scallion curls
For the Sweet Potato Fries, Place the package of frozen fries on a baking tray and heat for 20 minutes at 425 degrees farenheight. Remove from oven and season with the pinch of cayenne and granulated garlic. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
For Dogs, heat a saute pan on medium high heat. Add in the Beef & Jalapeno sausage and slowly cook for 2 minutes to caramelize and heat through. Add in the soy sauce, sugar and lime juice and allow to reduce and glaze the sausage. Reserve the avocado.
For Slaw, combine all the ingredients and reserve in the refrigerator.
To serve, open the hot dog buns and place one Hillshire Farms Beef & Jalapeno sausage in each. Carefully arrange the avocado slices on each of the hot dogs.
Garnish each dog with kim chee slaw and a few scallion curls. Place on 4 plates. Portion the sweet potato fries between the 4 plates. Finish each plate with a lime wedge.
Return to episode guide >>