PALETA Healthy Pumpkin Pie
10 servings | 1 slice each | 290 kcal serving
1 1/2 cup graham flour
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp each ginger & allspice
3 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
1 cup buttermilk
2 whole eggs
4 egg whiles
1/8 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp each allspice, ginger, freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp each ground clove & salt
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1/4 cup quick cooking oats (raw)
1/2 tsp cinnamon3 tbsp raisins, finely chopped
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Add all the ingredients to food processor and process until well combined.
3. Transfer to a springform or tart pan with a removable bottom and press to the bottom and sides of the pan.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until just golden brown and set aside.
5. Lower oven temperature to 350F
1. Mix all ingredients in a food processor until creamy in texture.
2. Transfer to the pie crust.
3. Bake in 350F oven for 50-55 minutes, until filling is set.
4. Turn off the oven and leave the door slightly ajar for one hour.
5. Refrigerate pie to set.
Return to episode guide >>
1. Heat the oats, pecans, salt and cinnamon in small pan until fragrant and slightly brown.
2. Stir in raisins and maple syrup and remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Garnish pie.