Debbie Matenopoulos' Lamb Chops & Fingerling Potatoes
½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped and divided
¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped and divided
1 lemon, zested
1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
1 ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
4 pounds fingerlings, scrubbed clean and sliced into ½ inch thick coins
2 Racks of Lamb, Frenched and sliced into chops
2 garlic cloves, minced
Fresh oregano, rosemary, lemon zest, and spicy olive oil for garnish
1. Whisk together the lemon juice, ¼ cup of the olive oil, 2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary, 2 tablespoons of oregano, and 1 minced garlic glove. Coat potatoes with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining rosemary, oregano, minced garlic clove, and lemon zest. Toss lamb chops in herb mixture. Season chops with salt, pepper, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat a grill or flattop to 450° F.
4. Split your griddle down the middle and cook potatoes on one side and the lamb on the other. Be a hibachi chef for the night and get cooking like a pro! Cook potatoes until caramelized and tender and lamb chops 2 ½ minutes on each side until golden.
5. Serve lamb over potatoes and garnish with lemon, fresh oregano, and rosemary.
(Note: If you don't have a huge EVO or flattop grill like "Home & Family," no sweat! Saute potatoes in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat in batches, until caramelized and tender. You can also roast them in a 400° F oven until caramelized and tender.)
Follow TV personality and style expert Debbie Matenopoulos on Twitter @IAmDebbieM. Her first cookbook, "It's All Greek to Me," is available in stores now and at amazon.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.
Return to episode guide >>