Cristina Cooks: Spring Watercress Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
The salad recipe is by Hayley Christopher
The Vinaigrette recipe is by Cristina Ferrare.
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
In A Glass Bowl, Combine:
• ½ Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 Tbsps Walnut Oil
• 1 Tsp Finely Chopped Shallots
• 2 Tbsps Rice Wine Vinegar
• 1 Tbsp Malt Vinegar
• 1 Tbsp Raspberry Vinegar
• ¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
Whisk Together Well.
• ½ Pound Asparagus, Trimmed, Blanched, And Cooled
• 3 Baby Carrots
• ¼ Pound Fresh Peas, Blanched, And Cooled
• ¼ Pound Fresh Snap Peas, Sliced In Half On A Bias
• 2 Bunches Fresh Watercress, Stems Trimmed
• 2 Cups Fresh Pea Tendrils (You Can Substitute Arugula, More Watercress, Or Baby Romaine)
• 1 Shallot, Sliced Thin
• ¼ Cup Toasted Walnuts
• ½ Cup Fresh Raspberries
• 1-4 Ounce Piece Of Goat Cheese, Crumbled
• Salt And Fresh Ground Black Pepper As Needed
In large mixing bowl, place shallots with a few tablespoons of vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Prepare asparagus by slicing into 2 inch pieces on a bias.
Next, prepare carrots by shaving lengthwise with a peeler to create long ribbons.
Add asparagus, carrots, peas, and snap peas to bowl.
Toss with a few more tablespoons of vinaigrette.
Season with salt and fresh ground pepper as needed.
Finish salad by gently tossing watercress and pea tendrils (or other greens) along with half the walnuts.
Assemble on individual plates or in a large serving bowl.
Garnish with fresh raspberries, goat cheese, and remaining walnuts.
And make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.
Return to episode guide >>