Cornish Game Hens
4 cornish game hens
2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup terriyaki sauce
1 lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic smashed
3 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp. Arrowroot
1 tbsp. Dry sherry or white wine
1/2 cup loosely packed italian parsley, chopped
Zest from one lemon
Return to episode guide >>
1. Rinse and pat dry the hens. Using kitchen shears cut the hens in half up the middle. Place hens in a glass or ceramic bowl to marinade.
2. Whisk together in a glass bowl olive oil, dijon mustard, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic.
3. Pour the marinade over the hens. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and leave in the refrigerator for at least two hours. (you can even leave them over night).
4. Pre-heat oven 350 F.
5. Place the hens in a roasting pan cut side down. Pour the excess marinade on top.
6. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 45 minutes. Remove foil and baste every fifteen minutes for 1 hour. If you notice that the roasting pan is dry add chicken stock one ladle full at a time to make sure the there is enough liquid in the bottom of the roasting pan. By the time you remove them from the oven they should have a golden brown color.