Char-Grilled Steak With Green Olive, Caper And Basil Salsa
Recipe From "Donna Hay" Magazine
• 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
• 2 cups basil leaves, finely chopped
• 1 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
• 4 sirloin steaks – 7 oz each – trimmed
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
• 2 baby romaine lettuces, leaves separated
• 2 buffalo mozzarellas – ¼ lb each – torn
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra, for brushing
Place the capers, basil, olive oil, garlic and vinegar in a bowl and mix to combine.
Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat.
Brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
Gently toss the lettuce, mozzarella and oil in a bowl to combine and divide between plates with the steaks.
Spoon the salsa over the steak to serve.
Return to episode guide >>