Cajun Fried Turkey Breast
Peanut Oil for frying
Fresh or frozen turkey breast
8 oz Butterball Buttery Creole Marinade
Butterball Cajun Seasoning to taste
1. Completely thaw turkey breast, if frozen (make sure turkey is free of any ice).
2. Preheat oil to 375º F. Rinse turkey well with warm water. Dry turkey well with paper towels.
3. Inject 4 oz marinade into each side of breast. Sprinkle outside generously with Butterball Cajun Seasoning.
4. Place turkey, breast side up, in basket. Slowly lower basket into hot oil; be cautious of splattering oil. Reduce temperature to 325° F. Fry turkey for 7 minutes per pound. (Example: 6 lb. turkey breast, 6X7=42 minutes)
5. Remove from oil to check doneness. Insert an instant-read thermometer; it is done when it reads 170º F. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
6. Let rest 15 minutes. Carefully carve with sharp knife.
Find this recipe here: www.dadgumthatsgood.com/cajun-fried-turkey-breast-2/.
Return to episode guide >>