Buffalo Deep Fried Turkey
1 10 to 12 pound fresh or frozen turkey
3 Gallons oil for frying
1-cup chicken broth
4 tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce
3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1-tablespoon garlic powder
1-tablespoon cayenne pepper
12 oz. Favorite Buffalo style sauce
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken broth, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
2. Preheat oil to 400º F.
3. Remove giblets and neck. If present, remove and discard plastic leg holder and pop-up timer.
4. Rinse turkey well with cold water; drain cavity. Dry turkey well with paper towels.
5. Inject ½-cup marinade into each side of breast. Inject ¼-cup marinade into each leg and thigh.
6. Place turkey, breast side up, in basket. Slowly lower basket into hot oil; be cautious of splattering oil.
7. Maintain oil temperature around 350º F.
8. Fry turkey for 3 1/2 minutes per pound. Remove from oil to check doneness. Insert an instant-read thermometer in the meaty part of the thigh; it is done when it reads 180º F.
9. Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels. Let rest 15 minutes.
10. Coat outside of turkey with favorite Buffalo style sauce.
11. Carefully carve with sharp knife.
Find this recipe here: www.dadgumthatsgood.com/buffalo-deep-fried-turkey-2/
Return to episode guide >>