Melissa d'Arabian's Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Wellington
• ⅔ sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
• All-purpose flour, for dusting
• One 8-Ounce bar reduced-fat cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons prepared ranch dressing
• 3 strips bacon, cooked, drained and finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion, (optional)
• Beaten egg or milk, for brushing (optional)
• Crostini and vegetables for serving
Place the puff pastry on a flour-dusted surface and roll until big enough to wrap around the bar of cream cheese.
Spread the ranch over the outside of the cream cheese, and then coat with the chopped bacon.
Place in the center of the puff pastry.
Sprinkle the green onion if using over the top of the cream cheese.
Fold the pastry to up to cover the cream cheese, sealing the seam with your fingertips and a few drops of water.
Tuck the hanging edges under the cream cheese to make a smooth rectangular shape.
Brush with the beaten egg or milk if you want a shiny finish.
**STORE IN REFRIDGERATOR OVERNIGHT AND THEN HEAT BEFORE GAME.
Place the bar in a small oven-safe serving dish and bake until the pastry is golden and the cream cheese is soft, 30/35 minutes. Serve with crostini and vegetables.
Check out Melissa's web series, "The Picky Eaters Project," on FoodNetwork.com.
Return to episode guide >>