Ann Romney's Haddock Recipe
• 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large rib celery, cut lengthwise into quarters and thinly sliced
• 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
• ½ C. white wine, dry vermouth, or chicken broth
• 1 large clove garlic, pressed
• ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 lb. haddock fillets, or other lean fish such as cod
• 4 Tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
• Hot cooked rice
How Do We Make It?
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add celery and onion and sauté until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Add undrained tomatoes, wine or broth, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
Cover and simmer, stirring once or twice, for 5 minutes.
Arrange fish in a single layer over the vegetables and spoon a little of the sauce on top.
Cover and simmer gently until the fish is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Transfer the fish to serving plates with the rice. Spoon vegetables over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
"The Romney Family Table" is available at amazon.com.
Return to episode guide >>