HGTV Host & DIY Expert Jeff Wilson Talks About the Benefits of LED Lighting!
What makes LED Lighting BETTER THAN TRADITIONAL LIGHTING?
· It's long lasting: Life expectations of 100,000 hours – if left on 50% of the time, they'll last for over 20 years.
· It's energy efficient: They use less electricity. 80%-90% more efficient than incandescent bulbs and 40%-50% more efficient than CFLs.
· It's non-toxic: LEDs don't use mercury like CFs and are completely recyclable when spent.
· It's durable: Rugged – resistant to shock and vibration, unlike incandescent & CF and operable in high/low temps.
· It's cool – produces much less heat than other lighting, so there's a positive impact on your cooling bill – you're not heating your home with your lights, only to need more AC to cool it down.
For more on Jeff Wilson and his new book "The Greened House Effect," head on over to www.thegreenedhouseeffect.com.
Return to episode guide >>