How to Stay Healthy and Fit in the New Year
The new year gives us the opportunity to begin a fresh commitment to living healthy. Being healthy not only protects us against disease and injury, it also provides us with the energy to have a higher quality of life!
The First Suggestion To Live A Healthier Lifestyle This Year: "Be Active."
• Adults should be active for at least 30 minutes a day. Think about investing in a pedometer to track the distance you walk or run every day. You don’t have to run five miles or hit the gym for two hours to be in shape. Instead opt to use the stairs or walk to work.
• A favorite is housework…kill two birds with one stone! It all counts and does makes a difference.
The Second Thing You Can Do Is: "Eat Healthier."
• Add more variety and fresh ingredients to meals. Eat proteins, fruits and vegetables. Healthy carbs and fats are ok. Maintain a balanced diet.
• Maintain moderation. Don’t think of your favorite foods as off-limits. Eat smaller portions of foods you crave.
• Increase antioxidants. Strengthen your immune system with fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants. Blueberries, coffee and chocolate contain antioxidants.
• Eat breakfast. Like mom said, it’s the most important meal of the day. Breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism and helps you maintain your weight.
• Cut down on unhealthy snacks. And if you are a big snacker, then cut up veggies at the beginning of the week to curb your sweet tooth.
Our Third Suggestion To Stay Healthy Is: "Take Daily Supplements."
• They help ensure you’re receiving the vitamins and nutrients you need.
• You don’t have to have a briefcase size container of bad smelling supplements, Vitafusion Adult Gummy vitamins are made with natural flavors and are a delicious alternative to hard-to-swallow tablets or capsules. Their line of products is tailored to support the health needs of adults through the various stages of life. Plus they’re great for adults on the go as there’s no need for water!
Return to episode guide >>