Debunking Beauty Myths With Kym Douglas
1) The Myth Is Shaving Will Make Your Hair Grow Back Darker And Thicker
Hair grows to a point. It's widest at the base and narrowest at the tip. When you shave a hair, you cut it at the base. The widest part then grows out, and the hair appears thicker. Shaving DOESN’T change the width, density or color of hair.
2) The Myth Is Using Oils Regularly Will In Turn Make Your Face Oily
• Oils can be used day or night.
• The right face oil can benefit any skin type, even acne-prone.
• Face oils help skin retain moisture and stay hydrated all day long.
• Oils deliver moisture and radiance without residue.
• Oils reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with the help of antioxidants and other powerful anti-aging ingredients.
• Many face oils have aromatherapy benefits—they can lift or calm your mood.
• Egyptians – Cleopatra bathed in oil to keep skin soft.
3) The Myth Is That Lip Glosses Rub Off As Soon As You Apply Them. There’s No Answer.”
• Women have all dealt with lip glosses that you just seem to have to keep reapplying. It comes off and won’t stay!
• Now, there is zero texture lip ink glosses are long-lasting and maintain an intense color for up to 10 hrs.
• Leaves lips stained, soft, hydrated, and refreshed upon application. So it won’t dry your lips out like a lot of color stained lipsticks or other glosses.
4) The Myth With Retinols Is That It’s A Product You Can Only Use At Nighttime Which Means...No Sun Exposure!
• You are perfectly safe to go outside in the sun and not have to worry about the harmful effects of sunburn. Normal exposure to UV light is healthy and there is no conflict while using a retinol cream.
• Now, retinols are being combined with ferulic acid (contains powerful antioxidants) to further visibly improve fine lines, rebuild elasticity, and infuse collagen into damaged areas of the skin.
Get additional tips from lifestyle and beauty expert Kym Douglas at KymDouglas.com. Follow her @KymDouglas and like her on Facebook.
Return to episode guide >>