1. Shake the person to see awareness.
2. Look someone in the eyes and tell then to call 911 and find an automated external defibrillator (AED).
**Most public offices including gyms and airports are mandated to carry them.**
3. Start compressions (arms straight and pressing hard on body).
4. Have person with the AED follow the 3 step directions inside while you continue compressions.
5. Once body is hooked up to the AED, press the "on" button and listen for instructions.
**AED will not administer a shock if body does not need it.**
AED and manikin courtesy of: Hands to Heart CPR (Burbank, CA) www.handstoheartcpr.com.
Return to episode guide >>