Andy and Danielle Mayoras - Tips on Buying Your First Home
Important information you should know when buying your first home.
As a first time home buyer, what is the most important thing to consider?
- Don’t Let Your Emotions Carry You Away
How do I know if I can buy a home and not be 'house poor'?
- Work with a Mortgage Broker Before You Start the Buying Process
- Plan For the Unexpected
What is the legal process for buying a house?
- Everything Should Be In Writing
- When Offer is Accepted It Becomes a Purchase Agreement
What do buyers need to know about preparing the offer?
- Make Sure Nothing is Left Out
Is there anything in particular you should look for when you check over the purchase offer?
- Inspection Clause is Critical
Why is titling the house important?
- Titling Is The Legal Way You Own The House
What are some of different ways you can title the house?
- tenants in common
- tenants with survivorship rights
- in a trust
Why is this so important to worry about now? Why not down the road?
- Decide on Titling Before Closing
Get more estate planning information from Andy and Danielle Mayoras at TrialandHeirs.com and on twitter at @TrialAndHeirs.
Return to episode guide >>