3 medium zucchini
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
1. Begin by washing your zucchini thoroughly because we will be keeping the skin on since that is where a majority of the nutrients lie. (Feel free to peel it if you like.)
2. Trim each end of the zucchini
3. Place zucchini in the spiralizer and turn. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can simply use a standard vegetable peeler.
- With a peeler, you will create long strips, more similar to a linguini noodle, but it will be just as delicious.
- If you don’t have zucchini, you can use summer squash, beets, carrots, but zucchini will give you the most spaghetti like consistency.
- Your noodles will be quite long. You can keep them as is or you can take some kitchen scissors and cut them. This will make it a bit easier to eat.
5. Place zucchini pasta in a bowl. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and massage. Let set. This will help soften up the noodles to create an al dente texture. The longer you let them set, the softer they will get.
Raw Tomato Sauce
1½ c. roma tomatoes – seeded and chopped
¾ c. sundried tomatoes – soaked
½ c. reserved soaking liquid
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic
¼ cup basil – chopped
¼ dates or approx. 2-3 dates
¼ c. olive oil
1. Add the tomatoes, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon, date, salt and pepper to the processor. ?
- If you don’t have a food processor you can use a blender however, the consistency will be a little more creamy
2. Blend the ingredients together well. ?
3. Stream in the olive oil to make sure it is thoroughly combined.
4. Continue processing the sauce until it becomes slightly chunky. ?
5. Blend the sauce until it becomes smooth and reaches your desired consistency.
6. Serve over raw spaghetti or as an alternative to regular tomato sauce.
Return to episode guide >>