Jessie Jane's DIY Plank Trays
What you need:
- 3 pieces 24" x 5" wood
- 2 pieces 15" x 4" wood pieces
- Wood Glue
- Door hardware
- Screw driver/Hammer
- Wood Stain
- Stain all your wood pieces with wood stain and let dry.
- Lay your three 24" wood bases down and leave about a half inch in between the slats if you want it to look more like a tray crate.
- Apply Wood glue to the sides of both ends of each of the three planks and carefully lay the two smaller slats over top the glue and press down to dry.
- Hammer in Nails on the top of the wood plank that is laying across the three planks (6 nails total - 3 on each side)
- Now lay your hardware on the edges of the tray and screw into place.
You can use any type of wood for this. You can add the hardware to an existing round piece of wood or use a pallet and take apart the planks. You could even use a cutting board and add this door hardware to it. Get creative!
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.