Emmy-nominated actor Dan Bucatinsky has nothing but kind words to say about " Scandal" co-star Kerry Washington and the brilliant writing of Shonda Rhimes. Plus, he reveals all about preparing for a nude scene! Dan has also partnered with Lisa Kudrow as an executive producer of two other shows, " Who Do You Think You Are?" and " Web Therapy." He talks about the fascinating personal journeys celebrities embark on while filming "Who Do You Think You Are?" in an effort to trace their lineage back as many generations as possible. He even helps Mark and Cristina dig into their pasts.
To start building you own family tree and to download historical documents, go to ancestry.com.
Host of USA's "Summer Camp" Matt Rogers returns to grill his bleu cheese jalapeño turkey burgers that he raved about the last time he visited "Home & Family." He advises you to cook the patties slow and low, so you don't burn the outside. Cristina also shares a helpful trick to keep your meat juicy and moist. Before chowing down, Matt tops his burger with his favorite condiments.
In ever increasing numbers, dads across America are trading in briefcases for diaper bags. Three Mr. Moms join us for a discussion on being stay-at-home fathers. Jim Higley (stay-at-home dad for 8 years/author), Whit Honea (stay-at-home dad for 7 years/blogger), and Trevor Mulligan (stay-at-home dad for 3 years) tell us how they assumed the role of full-time dads and how they are perceived by others. The trio agrees how rewarding it is to be present for all the milestone "firsts" of their children's lives.
- 97% of men in America believe career success is as important as being a dad.*
- Number of stay-at-home dads doubled in the last 10 years.
- Modern fatherhood: 93% of U.S. dads relate to women's struggles balancing career and family.*
For more with Jim Higley, go to bobbleheaddad.com. To keep up with Whit Honea's blog, check out whithonea.com. Head on over to onesahd.com and follow @oneSAHD on Twitter for additional daddyhood commentary from Trevor Mulligan.
* Dove Men+Care Modern Man Study, 2013
Storybook Sheets with Tanya Memme
Tuck in your child with a special bedtime story. Lifestyle expert and host Tanya Memme (A&E's " Sell This House Extreme") gets crafty for her daughter's bedroom. Using stencils, she paints her little princess' favorite lullaby lyric on her blanket and then decorates the trim of the comforter for additional pizazz.
Maintaining Your Patio Furniture
Mark and Cristina share some outdoor housekeeping tips to keep your patio furniture clean and sturdy. They give suggestions on how to properly clean wrought iron and wicker. When it comes to cushions, Cristina favors spritzing odor-free Febreze Free Nature to get rid of the mold and mildew smell.
Top 3 Patio Maintenance Tips:
1. Check bolts on furniture for tightness.
2. Clean furniture with sponge and mild soap instead of "pressure washing." 3. Store cushions in airtight containers when not in use.
Cruise Wear Chic
Anchors aweigh! If you're headed out on the high seas for a vacation, stylist and lifestyle expert Alison Deyette is here to help you pack wisely. Many top designers have launched affordable lines, so you can look like a million bucks on a budget. Alison suggests versatile clothing pieces and handbags that can go from day to night.
Tips for Packing For a Cruise:
1. Think about how an outfit can pull double duty and mix and match with your other outfits.
2. Pack wrinkle-free fabrics like jersey and knits. No one wants to iron on vacation! Go to ask.com to see poll results on the latest travel destination trends. For more with Alison, please visit www.alisondeyette.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at