Zuppa Di Clams
- 6 - Tbsp Ex Virgin olive oil
- 1 Med. yellow onion, sliced thin
- 5- Garlic cloves ,sliced thin
- 1- celery stalk thin sliced
- 1- small carrot grated
- 1- tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1- Large can crushed tomatoes (we use Pastene 28 oz)
- 1- cup chicken stock
- 2- cups dry white wine
- 4-6 bay leaves
- 3- dozen small vongole clams ( Manila clams)
- 11b linguine cooked according to package directions.
1. Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat
2. Saute garlic for two minutes then add in onion, celery and red pepper flakes. Saute until translucent in color, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, oregano, carrots, saute 4- min.
4. Then add the chicken stock and white wine bring to a boil.
5. Add clams, season with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the bay leaves.
6. Add more red pepper if you like a little more heat
7. Simmer together until the clams begin to open, about 5-6 minutes.
8. Spoon over linguine or serve with crusty bread!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page