Zucchini Carpaccio Grilled Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for rolling dough
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh thyme
- 1/4-1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Wedge of parmesan cheese, for shaving
1. Rub a little olive oil onto a cutting board to lightly grease the surface. Place the pizza dough on the cutting board and turn over so both sides are lightly oiled. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside.
2. Heat one side of a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat and the other side to medium-low heat (if using a charcoal grill, bank most of the coals to one side while leaving a few hot coals on the other side).
3. Place the zucchini medium bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and thyme basil. Toss to combine and set aside.
4. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circle about 1 ⁄16 inch thick. Carry the cutting board and all of the remaining ingredients plus the zucchini ribbons out to the grill and place the dough on the hot side of the grill. Grill until the underside is browned and has grill marks, 1 to 2 minutes (watch closely—the crust can burn quickly). Use a grilling spatula to turn the dough over onto the cooler side of the grill. Working quickly, brush the pizza dough with the sauce and sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. Cover the grill, and cook until the mozzarella is melted, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
5. Transfer the pizza back to the cutting board and slice. Top with the zucchini, extra black pepper, and shave shards of parmesan cheese for serving.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page