Wild Salmon and Chickpea Patties with Mango Salsa
- 2 ½ cups of cooked wild salmon
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Various herbs and spices - toasted cumin, coriander, ginger, black pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, red pepper flake, dried parsley.
- Sea salt to taste
- Ghee and grapeseed oil for pan-frying
- Parchment paper
- 1 large red mango, diced small
- ½ red onion, diced small
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, torn
- 1 whole lime, zest and juice
- Sea salt
1. Mix the salmon and chickpeas in a medium sized bowl. Occasionally break up the chick peas, leaving some whole and some in pieces. Add the bread crumbs, herbs and spices and egg and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2. In a large heavy skillet or sauté pan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of ghee and ½ cup of grapseed oil. When the oil is hot turn the heat to medium and add the salmon patties. Fry them on both slides until slightly brown. (The goal is to brown them only – they will cook through in the oven).
3. Once browned, drain on a paper towel and add them to a 400 oven to finish cooking, about 5 minutes. Serve with mango salsa.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page