Wild King Salmon with Whole Roasted Fava Beans and Garden Fava Leaves
- 4 – 6 ounce salmon filets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons whole butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 - 28 ounce cans organic plum tomatoes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pounds baby fava beans (skins intact)
- 2oz. cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 cups fresh fava leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Directions for Salmon
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season salmon liberally with salt and pepper. In an oven safe pan on medium heat, sear salmon until golden brown on one side (about 2 minutes)
2) Without turning salmon, place pan in oven and road until just medium (about 3 minutes)
3) Return to the stovetop, add the garlic, thyme and butter to the pan and baste for one more minute or until desired doneness. Remove from pan.
Directions for the Tomato Sauce
1) Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom pot. Sweat onion, garlic and carrot until soft and translucent. Add thyme and sweat until aromatic.
2) Add tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently for two more minutes. Scrape any bits from the bottom.
3) Add canned tomatoes and crush whole pieces with your hand. Simmer on low for 1/5 hours. Finish with sea salt.
Directions for the Beans
1) Wash the beans thoroughly and dry. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Toss the beans in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
3) Spread beans on a baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes or until soft and tender.
Directions for Greens
1) In a mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together. Set aside.
1) 1 lemon for zesting
2) 1 micro plane for grating/zesting
3) Warm two cups of the tomato sauce and keep warm on the stove top while you cook the beans and salmon.
4) When the beans and salmon are done, spoon the tomato sauce evenly onto four plates. Evenly distribute the bean pods.
5) Place one piece of salmon on each plate. Dress the greens and add to the side of each plate. Top each plate liberally with lemon zest.
Check out more delicous recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page