DIrections for Burger
1. Cut one fourth (i.e., about 4 ounces) of the halibut into 2-inch pieces. Place those pieces in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and add the egg, mustard, lemon zest and juice, and cayenne. Use the pulse button and process just until a paste is made. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Cut the remaining halibut into 1/4-inch pieces. Add to the processed halibut mixture.
3. Add the minced shallot, panko, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste and
gently stir until combined. The mixture will seem like a sloppy mess. It’s okay.
4. Line a platter or a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper so you can get the
burgers off the platter easily later. Form the mixture into four or five 4-inch-wide,
3/4-inch-thick patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 12 hours ahead.
This step helps bind the burgers.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F on a
griddle. Add the patties (in batches, if necessary) and cook until browned on the bottom, 4 to
5 minutes, adjusting the heat if necessary. Turn and cook until the other side is browned and
the patties feel firm in the center, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately with your desired accompaniments.
Directions for Tartar
Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Keep refrigerated. Can be made 2 to 3 days ahead. Stir before serving.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page