Remove rind from watermelon and cut into large 1-inch cubes, saving the trimmings.
Blend the trimmings into a pulpy mixture, about 2 to 2 ½ cups.
1) Add any juice from the chopping board to the pulp as well. Heat oil in a wide sauté pan and add cumin seeds, sauté until browned, then add chopped garlic and ginger.
2) Cook until golden but do not brown, then add the reserved pulp and the rest of the dry spices.
3) Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce reduces to roughly 1/2 the quantity.
4) Add the watermelon cubes, serrano chili, and lemon juice.
5) When the watermelon is heated through, add the chopped cilantro.
6) Serve hot with basmati rice tossed with cooked green peas, quinoa, or for color contrast with black rice also known as forbidden rice.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page