Warm Red Cabbage-Apple Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until soft.
3. Add the cabbage and apples and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cabbage starts to wilt, stirring frequently.
4. Add the vinegar and brown sugar and mix well.
5. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cabbage and apples are very soft, stirring occasionally.
6. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving.