Directions for Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 325
- Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In small bowl, stir together milk and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 min
- Reduce speed to medium-low, slowly add the egg and egg whites, beat until creamy (1-2 min).
- Slowly add half the flour mixture, then the milk mixture, then the remaining flour mixture, beating until just blended after each addition.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners and bake until tops are just dry to the touch (18-20 min).
Directions for Trifle
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whip the cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form (2 min)
- In separate bowl, folder together your mixed beries
- Layer ingredients in either a flat-bottomed parfait or glass bowl, using about half the cake, cream and fruit for each layer
- Cover and chill