Valerie Rice's Easy and Elegant Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed Coffee or Tea Latte
Valerie Rice's Easy and Elegant Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed
Coffee or Tea Latte
This is a great way to spoil mom on Mother's Day with a special treat, a cafe latte and then let her be spoiled every morning from then on with the Nespresso Aeroccino Plus milk frother.
In a minute, it warms and froths milk to make awesome coffee or tea lattes at home. Ingredients:
- Freshly brewed coffee or tea
- Milk of your choosing
- Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- Brew some strong coffee or tea; pour into a large coffee cup and then top off with the steamed milk and scoop of this gorgeous froth.
Val's Mom's Strawberries and Cream
This is the easiest dessert you can make. There is no cooking or mixing. It's about finding great strawberries and letting their natural beauty take center stage. This is the time to pull out your prettiest dishes. Use your china or crystal if you've got 'em. Mom deserves the very best!
- 2-3 baskets of strawberries
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Brown sugar
- Large bowl
- 2 small bowls
- 2 spoons
- Gently wash the berries by placing them in a colander and briefly run cold water on them. On a clean dishtowel, lay out the berries and carefully pat dry.
- Find a pretty bowl and mound the strawberries up high. Fill one smaller bowl with about a cup of sour cream or yogurt and in another bowl scoop in a cup of brown sugar.
- Serve family style: grab a strawberry; dip in sour cream or yogurt and then dip in brown sugar.
French Omelet with One Simple Egg
This recipe fits into my philosophy of taking a few well-chosen ingredients and making them amazing. With this low-heat cooking technique, you can make the most moist, delicious, French-style omelet that mom will love. Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp. fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan, grated
- Scant pat of butter
- 8-9 inch sauté pan
- Small bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Rubber spatula
- Juice glass
- Kitchen scissors
- Cheese grater
- Preheat sauté pan over low heat.
- In a small bowl, crack egg and add a pinch of salt. Whisk for about five counts until there are no streaks and it's a consistent pale yellow color.
- Take butter and rub the butter, coating the inside of the pan.
- Pour in egg and let it quietly cook on low. After about a minute, gently loosen side with the spatula. Turn pan 180 degrees to ensure even cooking. Continue to cook for about one more minute.
- While the egg is cooking, chop the fresh herbs in a glass and grate the Parmesan.
- Then, sprinkle Parmesan down the center of the egg. Fold over one third into the middle and then repeat with the other side. Roll onto plate.
- Sprinkle egg with fresh herbs, a little more cheese, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Serve.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.