Urban Palate Spaghetti and Meatballs Meatball
Urban Palate Spaghetti and Meatballs
- ½ lb Ground Beef
- ½ lb Ground Pork
- ½ lb Ground Veal
- 4 oz Finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup fresh Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup whole Milk
- 2 cloves Garlic- finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 finely Chopped Shallot, Sautéed
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl except eggs.
- Whisk eggs in small bowl.
- Add the whisked egg
Cover the mixture with plastic wrap. Chill 20 minutes.
- 2 oz Angel Hair Pasta
- 4 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Marinara Sauce
- Fill a stockpot about halfway with water.
- Generously season the water with salt and bring to rolling boil.
- Add pasta.
- Cook al dente.
- Drain and rinse.
- Put pasta in a bowl and cover with ice water for several minutes to chill.
- Drain again.
- Toss with Marinara, set aside.
Marinara Sauce Ingredients
- 1 large white onion diced
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp. Sea Salt
- 2 16 oz cans of San Marzano Tomatoes Crushed
- Pepper to taste
- Heat EVOO in pan for 2 minutes. Then add onion, cook until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Then add the 2 16 oz cans of San Marzano Tomatoes Crushed.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Take a 2oz ball of meatball mixture into the palm of your hand. Flatten the meat.
- Pick up 5 strands of angel hair and twirl into a ball, place it inside the meat patty along with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Carefully roll sides of meat around the noodle filling to form a ball. Make sure that noodles are completely covered
- Refrigerate for ½ hour.
- Add meatballs to marinara sauce and simmer for at least 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Remove meatballs and serve with marinara sauce.