For the Curry Paste:
1. Soak the dry seeded chilies in warm water for 20 minutes then drain and add all the ingredients together, blend in a food processor until a smooth uniformed paste, if too dry add a little water to help blend.
For the Curry Dish:
1. Bring stock & coconut cream to the boil in a medium sized saucepan with lemongrass & lime leaf to infuse.
2. Once boiling add 4 TBS of curry paste and cook till aromatic and no longer tastes raw.
3. Season the broth with oyster sauce, fish sauce, tamarind and sugar.
4. Add the clams and cook on a low simmer for about a minute till the clams are almost cooked, add Thai basil and continue to simmer till cooked.
5. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve with steamed Jasmine rice.