Turkey Sausage Quiche
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked turkey/chicken sausage (ground or links cut in a small dice)
- 1/3 cup roasted baby tomatoes
- 2 t dried herbs ( basil, oregano)
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheese - gruyere, sharp cheddar, or feta
- 3/4 t salt or smoked salt
- 1/2 t fresh ground pepper
- grapeseed oil
- cilantro for garnish
- hot sauce
- 1x recipe for pate brisee
- egg wash
- 2 1/4 cups of AP flour
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter (Cut into 1" cubes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup ice water
Directions for Filling
1) Cook sausage in a pan until browned. Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain the fat and cool.
2) Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Place in a bowl and toss with oilof your choice, salt, pepper, dried herbs, garlic powder. Place on a sheet pan, don't crowd, and roast in a 375 oven until caramelized and sweet, approximately 20-30 minutes ,watching so they don't burn. Remove and let cool.
3) In a large bowl whisk eggs and cream and season with salt and pepper. Fold in cheese, cooled turkey, and tomatoes.
4) In your par baked crust pour in your filling. Don't overfill, you may have more filling than fits. Leave at least 1/2 in crust above the filling. Place on a sheet pan and bake 50-60 minutes until eggs are set. Should still jiggle but not be too loose. Will firm once it starts to cool. Let cool 20 minutes. Once it sets up, slice and and serve. I top it with cilantro and hot sauce. This lasts at least 2-3 days in the fridge and heats up wonderfully in the microwave for a minute
Directions for Crust
1) Add flour, salt and sugar into a food processor
2) Pulse a few times to blend
3) Add butter to processor and pulse 5-6 times
4) Slowly add ice water and pusle until dough comes together
5) Divide in half and form into two disks
6) Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 20 minutes (Until ready to roll out)
7) Sit at room temperature 10 minutes before rolling out. Can also be frozen for up to two months.
Roll out 1 disk and place in a pie pan. Crimp the edges and poke entire crust with a fork. Lightly eggwash. Place in fridge to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from fridge and
place a sheet of parchment paper on top of crust and fill with pie weights or dried beans (this is called blind baking). Cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and remove weights.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page