- 4 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 ea Tolero Rolls
- 2 ea Avocados
- 1 cup shredded cabbage- red or green
- 1 small can of pickled jalapenos, drained and thinly sliced (careful handling liquid and jalapeños due to spice).
- whole cilantro leaves
- Sliced leftover Tri-tip
- 1x Cilantro Mayo Recipe (see below)
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime, Juice and Zest
- 1 Tablespoon of adobo sauce (from a small can of chipotle peppers). More or less for less spicy/spicier.
- Salt and Pepper
Directions for Tri Tip
2-3 pounds tri tip
1x recipe of above dry rub (will have some leftover rub)
Rub entire Tri Tip with as much rub as it takes to cover generously. Leave out at room temp for 45-60 min. before cooking. Grill on medium/med high until thermometer reaches 120-130 degree F and let rest, loosely covered with foil for at least 15 min. Slice as thinly as you would like against the grain. EAT IT!
Directions for Mayo
In food processor or blender mix all ingredients until well combined . Once blended, taste and adjust for seasoning. Store in fridge until ready to use.
Directions for Sandwiches
Slice and toast rolls in an oven, toaster, grill, grill pan, or on stovetop in a pan with a touch of butter.
Build sandwich however you like with all above accoutrement. Eat hot or cold!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page