Directions for Dragonfruit Pasta Dough
1. In a blender, mix the powder, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of water on low speed, slowly increasing speed until a smooth puree forms.
2. Combine the flour and puree in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until a ball of dough forms. Continue to knead, either by hand or in the mixer for 3 minutes, so that the dough develops elasticity and silkiness. Seal the ball of dough in plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before sheeting.
Directions for Blue Pasta
1. Add the boiling water to the packed flowers and stir to make sure all flowers are submerged. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. Pour the steeped mixture through a strainer directly into the bowl of a standing mixture containing the flour. You may not need quite all of the steeped liquid but be sure to reserve it by pressing it into a separate liquid measuring cup in case you do.
2. Fit the mixer with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until a ball of dough forms. Continue to knead, either by hand or in the mixer for 3 minutes, so that the dough develops elasticity and silkiness. Seal the ball of dough in plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before sheeting.
Directions for Burrata Filling
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag and reserve in refrigerator until needed
Directions for Pea Puree
1. Bring a large pan of chicken stock to boil, blanch the peas for 2 minutes, then strain, reserving stock.
2. Add the peas, mint, and salt to a blender along with a small amount of chicken stock. Blitz the peas, adding more liquid in small additions as needed. Blend for no more than 2-3 minutes, until it’s a fairly thick, smooth purée.
3. Pass purée through a fine sieve and use the back of a ladle to push it through for a smooth finish.
4. Store in a sealed zip top or piping bag in the refrigerator until ready for service. During service, puree can be warmed directly in the bag in hot but not boiling water, then piped directly onto the center of the plate where the tortellini will go.
Directions for Fried Speck (Preferred) or Proscuitto
Heat oven to 425 F and line a sheet pan with foil. Place several pieces of speck or prosciutto in a single layer on the pan. Fry until crisp- about 10 minutes. Watch so it doesn’t get too brittle, as it will continue to firm up once cool.
DIrections for Plating
Boil tortellini in salted water for 2-3 min. Meanwhile, place a dollop of pea puree on the center of the plate. Toss the tortellini in the butter-oil mixture, and plate 5 tortellini per plate in a flower-like pattern. Garnish with prosciutto, sugar snap peas, and Parmigiano Reggiano as desired.