Tomato, Cucumber and Basil Salad
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- ½ seedless (English) cucumber, cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 small yellow or red onion, cut into thin half moons
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus the basil sprig for garnish
1. Using a fork, whisk the vinegar and water together in large bowl. Add the salt and pepper and whisk to dissolve the salt. Gradually whisk in the oil.
2. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion and toss well. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 to 30 minutes before serving.
3. Sprinkle in the chopped basil and toss to combine. Garnish with the basil sprig. And serve.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page