Toasted Almond Chocolate Marshmallow Pie
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. (4 cups miniature or 40 large) marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8-oz Hershey’s chocolate candy bar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped, blanched, toasted almonds*
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups thawed whipped topping
Directions for Pie Crust
1) Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
2) Pour into a 9-inch pie plate.
3) Spread evenly, pressing into sides and bottom to form a firm, even crust. • Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Directions for Pie Filling
1) Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stir until smooth.
2) If marshmallows and chocolate aren’t melted, microwave an additional 30-60 seconds.
3) Stir the salt, extract and almonds into melted mixture.
4) Chill mixture.
5) Fold whipped cream into chilled chocolate mixture.
* Toast almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet at 350° for about 4 minutes. Check repeatedly, nuts burn quickly.
1) Pour into chilled graham cracker crust and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
3) As desired with: whipped cream, chopped almonds, shaved chocolate, candy hearts or drizzle melted chocolate over top.
*NOTE: Pie can be made 24-hours in advance or can be frozen for several months.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page