Directions for Mousse
1. Allow the mascarpone to soften to room temperature about 2 hours (Do not microwave)
2. Bloom the gelatin in ice water for 5 minutes
3. Whip the cream to medium peak about 3 minutes and keep in the cooler.
4. Make a wet sand with the sugar and water.
5. Whip the yolks while cooking the sugar to soft ball stage (119C) about 5 minutes.
6. Pour the sugar into the yolks to make a pate a bombe.
7. Melt the gelatin in the microwave for 10 seconds, then add to the yolks immediately after the sugar.
8. While still warm, but not hot, add the mascarpone in three stages.
9. When the mascarpone is fully incorporated, remove from the mixer.
10. Fold in a quarter of the mascarpone mix into the whipped cream.
11. Keep adding the mascarpone mix in stages while mixing with a bowl scraper. Place in piping bag and reserve
Directions for Coffee Soak
1. Make a simple syrup with sugar and water.
2. Add coffee, espresso and the corn syrup and bring to a boil
3. Turn off the heat and add Kahlua.
4. Let it cool down and keep in delis.
Directions for Sheet Cake
1. Whip the eggs, sugar, and salt till pale and thick about 5 minutes
2. Melt the milk and butter… Slowly pour in the milk and butter into the egg sugar mixture while mixing on low speed.
3. Add warmed glucose.
4. Add the sifted AP flour and baking powder.
5. Pour into 1/2 straight sheet pans lined with a parchment paper, and sprayed.
6. Bake at 325F high fan. Till light golden brown and a toothpick inserts and comes out clean about 15- 20 minutes
7. Cool until it’s warm and wrap with plastic right away.
Directions for Espresso Sauce
1. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine the cream, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla extract, espresso powder, espresso & bring to just under a boil stirring occasionally
2. Put the gianduja paste and Frangelico in a bowl
3. Pour the hot cream over the gianduja mixture and let sit for 3 minutes
4. Whisk everything together until silky smooth
5. Strain through a chinois and reserve
Directions to Plate
1. Soak sponge with coffee soak by dipping the top and bottom in the soak… place in center of plate
2. Pipe mascarpone mousse on top leaving some areas for the gelato and dust with cocoa powder
3. Place a round scoop of vanilla gelato on cake
4. Place quenelle of espresso gelato on the cake
5. Pour espresso sauce (hot) on top of the gelato table side