The Science of Cold Brew Coffee
1) Beginning with the beans, don’t over grind them here. They needn’t be finely ground into dust, since they’ll be spending a lot of time in the water you actually want something coarsely ground (otherwise it can become bitter).
2) medium roast
3) A good ratio is one quarter pound of beans to four cups of water.
4) Use filtered, room temp water.
5) Let the coffee steep for 12-24 hours at room temperature.
6) Strain through mesh or cheesecloth (or make the whole thing in a French Press).
7) Serve it with water or milk. Remember to dilute the final product, it will be intensely
8) pinch of salt
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page