Thai Street Chicken
- 3 pieces of cilantro roots
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup carrots (fine julienne)
- 2 Persian cucumbers (peeled, scored, and sliced)
- 2 zucchini (fine julienne)
- 12 whole sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Lettuce cups (optional)
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1/3 cup shallots (shaved)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 Thai bird chilies (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
DIRECTIONS FOR THAI STREET CHICKEN
1. Heat up and indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat
2. For the marinade, place cilantro roots in a large Ziploc bag and seal.
3. Take a rolling pin and pound the bag.
4. Add the Palm sugar, white pepper, fish sauce, the oyster sauce, and the garlic to the bag.
5. Place in chicken thighs and massage until incorporated.
6. Seal and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
7. Remove chicken thighs from the bag and discard the marinade.
8. Use skewers and thread through the chicken thighs.
9. Spray the grates of the grill liberally with canola oil cooking spray.
10. Place the chicken skewers on the hot grill.
11. Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
12. Remove chicken to a platter, and let rest 10 minutes.
13. Slide the thighs off the skewers and onto the platter, arranging them to one side of the platter.
14. On the other side of the platter, in rows, line up the carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, and lime wedges.
15. Serve with dipping sauce and optional lettuce cups
DIRECTIONS FOR DIPPING SAUCE
1. Bring the first three ingredients to a boil; simmer 10 minutes.
2. Puree with an immersion blender and cool.
3. Stir in lime-juice and remaining ingredients. Serve.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page