- Vegetable oil (for greasing pans)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 4 envelopes ( 1⁄4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar, for dusting
- 30 graham crackers (Honey Maid)
- 12 ounces milk chocolate
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- Two 9 x 13-inch metal baking pans
- Candy thermometer
- 2-inch square cookie cutter
- 2 decorating bags
1. Brush two 9 x 13inch metal baking pans with oil and line with parchment paper,
leaving a 2inch overhang on the narrower sides. Brush the parchment paper with
2. In medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 4/4 cup water over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring mixture constantly.
3. Place a candy thermometer in the pan and continue cooking until the sugar
mixture reaches 238F
4. Meanwhile, pour 3⁄4 cup cold water into bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let soften for 5 minutes.
5. Once the sugar mixture reaches 238F, pour it into the gelatin mixture and beat with an electric mixer on low speed. Gradually increase the speed to high, beating until the mixture is very stiff, about 12 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
6. Pour the mixture into the two lined pans and smooth the tops with a spatula. Let me marshmallows sit uncovered until completely firm, about 3 hours.
7. Sift a layer of powdered sugar on top of the marshmallows and a work surface.
8. Remove the marshmallows from the pans and flip over onto the prepared work surface, then remove the parchment paper. Sift a layer of powdered sugar on the top of the marshmallows so all sides are covered.
9. Use the square cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut about 24 marshmallow squares. Dip the cookie cutter or knife into powdered sugar between each use to keep the marshmallow from sticking.
10. Break 24 graham cracker sheets in half into squares-these will be the front and back covers of your books. Break 6 graham cracker sheets into quarters-these will be the spines of your books.
11. In the microwave or a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate and scoop it into a decoration bag fitted with a #2 tip. Using the melted chocolate as adhesive, attach the graham crackers to the marshmallow to create your books.
12. Pipe on cover and side details with the milk chocolate.
13. Melt the white chocolate and scoop into a decorating bag fitted with a #1 tip. Pipe on the book titles with the white chocolate.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page